Monday, October 5, 2009

Halloween classic treat

So today after thinking of what to make for my soldier over seas (read prior post 10/4), I decided to make popcorn balls. A classic for Halloween, right? I thought most people forget about making these yummy treats.

I have a different kind of recipe that happened by accident. One day I as making rice crispy treats for my hubby. I reached for my box of the cereal in the cupboard, only to realize that my "Hubby" had left only crumbs in the box..........yet still put it away! (Thanks Honey)
So I thought of a plan B. I had no cereal, no trail mix, no pretzels.....Nothing, except a bag of microwave popcorn.

So as you can imagine I was craving something sweet at this point! So I put 2 and 2 together added some peanut butter and voila, Popcorn balls. They were so delicious that I almost ate them all before my husband came home!

I really didn't measure anything other than eyeballing everything, I can tell you that I used one microwave bag of the popcorn, 3/4 of a bag of marshmallows, and a few table spoons of peanut butter and melted it on the stove top. I then formed them into small balls (like a base ball).

This year I am going to try and add a few candy corns to the melted mixture and hope that it turns the marshmallow an orange color (Thanks Barb for the suggestion)!

I will let you know how these turn out, I hope my soldier likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment