Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bake for our troops!

Today I discovered a great cause in "Taste of Home" Magazine. It's a way to send a little piece of home to our brave troops over seas. A wonderful idea inspired by, Susan Whetzel called Operation Baking Gals.
It's simple, bake goodies and ship them to service men and women who get to taste a little piece of home. I was so excited by the idea, way better than a pen pal......it's a baking buddy!

I love to bake especially in these upcoming months. What better way to get my baking fix and ship it off to a well deserving individual, and as a bonus........I won't have it around the house to tempt me.

I reccomend you check out the website and consider a great and fun cause, P.S. it's not limited to just "Gals". I know that there are many amazing men who bake their way to the top, so come on let's get baking!

www.bakinggals.com for more info or www.doughmesstic.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow...This is a great idea! I know how you love to bake. Those troops are in for a special treat ;) Now if you would also consider helping out the starving Artist in LA that would be a dream come true!! lol

    ReplyDelete